Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gold Digger's Lament

I'm starting to think that money really does make the world go 'round. Was it supposed to be love? No, I'm pretty sure it's money.

There's just never enough of it. I'm not quite struggling by any means (I don't think), but sometimes it just seems like I'm supposed to have more money that I do. A lot of it has to do with my environment. For me, there's a lot attached to money and asking for it. I'm not going to get into it, but money problems have affected me way more that I let on. And the problem with that secrecy is that I can't keep up. I can't just ask my parents for money. What's more, I don't want to. That's the part people don't realize. I very well could just keep asking for Mom to put more money in my account, but again, for reasons I will skip over at this moment, I choose not to, unless I really, really need to. Contrary to popular belief, going out to dinner or a movie does not qualify as a "need."

What I'm inarticulately saying is, I'm not cheap by choice. I am, but I'm not. Things like guilt, memories, responsibility play a large part in the decisions I make when it comes to money. I just wish I could tell people that without telling them.

I guess I just did, huh?

5 comments:

Naturally Sarcastic said...

I feel you. I swear, when friends/family say "Why r u broke? You should be ballin!" I'm like you know what... I would be if creditors, you, my gas tank, the landlord, the cell phone companies and any and er'body else stop asking for my damn money!!!!

Lucky said...

Ain't that the tru-uth. It's like the world KNOWS when I have a few extra dollars in my pocket. It doesn't help that I have a semi-addiction to buying frivolous things, either...

And welcome to tGitG!

Amber Steez said...

I agree with you. money does make it go round. everyone wants it. everyone needs. your greedy for more. being satisfied is impossible. without it people kill themselves, are left sick, homeless, depressed. money sadly does make this motha spin

n0days0ff said...

having so many mouths depending on me has forced me to be frugal.all the stuff I used to spend money on frivolously are a rare treat now

Lucky said...

I only have one (albeit very large) mouth to feed, but I'm still depending on my parents so it's all...fuckity.