Sunday, February 22, 2009

An Eventful Saturday

Today we saw "Madea Goes to Jail." I liked it. Derek Luke pronounces his "d's" at the end of his words very oddly--a lisp, of sorts. Words like "decided" or "decision" or "didn't," forget it. There was this scene where he was crying his eyes out in a pure display of raw emotion and I could not understand a word he said.

Kind of dampened the effect a smidge.

But the total best part was when the heroine was on the couch crying and he got behind her and wrapped his big, brown muscley arms around her and I think it was raining and...just...oo-er.

It was so sweet I wanted to drop dead in the middle of the theater. Or theatre as our French friends would say.

I leaned over to Cali Girl and whisper/talked, "if I'm lonely when we get home tonight let's cuddle, ok?" She threw popcorn at me.

Now that I think about it, seeing him all brawny and Antwon Fisher-y put a slight logistical and aesthetic damper in my plans to trap That Boy because he is tall and kind of skinny and I am tall with the remnants of donuts past on my bones. So together we would look like the number 18 and I don't know how to feel about that.

I am sure Kristen Davis is a lovely woman but I'll be damned if I do not HATE CHARLOTTE YORK. WITH A PASSION.

That scene in SATC: The Movie where the girls are helping the jilted and be-turbaned Carrie back into the limo while shooting death glares at Big would have been sooo much better if Samantha would have flipped him off. Men are surprisingly touchy about that.

Which, of course, I had to learn the hard way.

I love fun, sunny Saturdays. But one caveat: I'm supposed to get my paychecks via direct deposit, right? I signed up for it especially so I wouldn't have to truck out to the bank, which I would undoubtedly forget to do. Instead, in theory, every two weeks the Money Fairy pops in and make it all better.

Um, I need to find that lazy bitch and tell her what's what. My account says "it's all good" on payday, so I do a TEENY bit of shopping, and check my balance on Saturday and it says "no ma'am." I DON'T GET IT. Managing Money 101, I need thee. When does my check clear for real?? Clear as in no strings, no gotta wait for it to post, CLEAR?!?! The only reason I signed up for direct deposit was so that every other Friday at 3pm, BOOM, a few more dollars to my name. A couple extra pennies, chile. No muss, no fuss. But no.

Alas, "simple," "money," and "my life" just do not go well together. Oh, well. Least I got some. It's a recession.

No comments: