Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Humble Pie Tastes Like Pecan

It seems that I have been hosting my very own pity-party for quite some time now. Here's to hoping it stops soon, but if the situation hasn't changed, why would it? We might be in it for the long haul, folks. I am trying to pull myself up by the bootstraps and keep my head on straight, but I always feel hopelessly off-kilter.

I need something to shake me up, you know? I feel like I'm phoning the game in instead of actually playing in it. I'm content, but not satisfied. On Saturday, Cali Girl, Ms. Politics, Dr. Argentina and I went to Target, and it was the most laugh-out-loud fun I've had in weeks. Life is in subtle earth tones at the moment, and I want it in Technicolor. But I can't figure out how. I mean, thinking about things like Usher's "Trading Places" video and what I can buy with my new paycheck makes me momentarily happy, but nothing actually in MY life is currently producing the same results. I used to be content with the little things, what happened? I think I've lost sight of them.

Earlier, though, I was forced to swallow a large dose of Perspective with my daily glass of Pepsi. Apparently, all that glitters ain't gold, and people who you think have everything under control really don't. Namely, my roommate. She of seemingly perfect life, that is. Well, I found out today that, well, she doesn't. I mean, I knew she wasn't perfect or anything but now I KNOW she's not, and in some ways, I'm better off than she is at the moment. Which helps but not that much, because you never want your happiness to come at the expense of someone else's. I may complain about her but I hope everything works out for her at the same time. I'm a good person like that.

I guess that was God's way of telling me to stop whining.

No comments: