Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Do You Believe In?

Today was rather eventful. I'll tell y'all about it later. First, read about these t-shirts.

Awhile ago, I ran across this website that lets you put an "I Believe" statement on a t-shirt and gives the money to the charity of your choice. At the risk of sounding maudlin, I've been thinking about concepts like purpose, accountability, self, and ways to save the environment :) lately, and I've decided that I really want a t-shirt, even if it is $35. Problem is, I don't know what to put on it; I have so many beliefs to choose from! For example, I believe:

-that most people are inherently good
-in the restorative power of laughter and good music
-that professional athletes have more heart than people give them credit for
-in different strokes for different folks
-that Crocs don't look good on anyone
-that every NFL team should play each other every season
-that dogs are almost as good as boyfriends
-in turning off the light when you leave a room
-in the 5-second rule
-in brightly-colored toenails
-that Michael Jackson is the greatest artist of all time
-in the intimacy and comfort of a bear hug
-that rudeness never gets anyone anywhere
-in having odd tastes in food
-that high-fives are underrated
-in believing
-in songs that make you cry

That's just my starting list. What do you believe in?

3 comments:

Cara said...

Great list. What did you end up choosing to have printed.


Me? I believe that Cats are the greatest pets...EVER!

:-)


x


Cara

Lucky said...

I believe that everyone should have a pet!

I haven't decided what to put yet, and I think I want a pillow too...also, it may sound selfish, but I'm really counting my pennies these days. My charity t-shirt and pillow might have to wait until I'm in the black :(

Cara said...

Awww, sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to get it done eventually, and please do an update post telling us what you chose to print when that happens.

:-)

Cara