Monday, May 26, 2008

Big Boobs and One Arm

Get it? Because it's my 100th post! And also because I can be childish :)

The century mark came quickly. Maybe it's because blogging doesn't feel like work or an obligation, but something I truly love to do. So, cheers (but make mine a virgin, please). And here's to a hundred more!

On account of it being Memorial Day, we decided to boost the American economy by spending the day at this outdoor mall my mom found. 'Twas a hot Midwestern day, but we had fun, the whole family did. Dad sat down and listened to the live band while we did our dirty work, though. We didn't really buy much (well, I didn't), but it was a successful endeavor nonetheless. Since the mall was outside, people brought their dogs on leashes to walk around with. How many cute doggies we saw! It made me think of Charley, Dash, and Precious, of course. On our way out, a dog on a leash nuzzled our legs, and his owner, a cute guy with a European accent, was super-nice to us and asked us if we had a dog and whatnot. I didn't get to ask him what country he was from, but you could totally tell he wasn't from these parts. He was too nice.

I've been extremely materialistic lately in the fact that I can't stop browsing for stuff to buy online. Clothes-makeup-shoe-jewelry lust is slowly taking me over! But I figure it's harmless because I have no money to spend on these things...Lordy, that barbecue sure smells good. Scratch what I said about not enjoying being home!

I finally talked to BFF, yesterday and today, which is like, a record for us! We're already making plans for her to come visit me next year, I absolutely cannot wait. I haven't seen her since our high school graduation, which feels so long ago! Anyway, she told me about her relationship biz and I told her about mine. She had some good, albeit vague, advice for a problem (and a recurring, unsettling dream) that I've been having. She said, "Get over it." Short and sweet. But we know how I am about even the best advice...I'm optimistic, though. It's going to be a long, good summer.

8 comments:

K said...

Dash says hi...as he chews on a rib...LOL

Lucky said...

Oh, Dashey...Precious says hello as she messes up her groomed hair because she ran under the car (yet again)!

Bobby_2010 said...

lol...I wish I had some BBQ..I had Honey Bunches of Oats..this first check needs to come on!!! And take BFF's advice and get over it!!

Lucky said...

first check? is it a paid internship or something?

Unknown said...

This is the greatest post title ever!!! lol

Lucky said...

why thank you, I was hoping it would catch the eye :)

Bobby_2010 said...

Now Lucky...you know I don't believe in free work for me...I just suggest it for other folks...I do not do free stuff!! ;-D

Lucky said...

Haha I had no idea it was paid..what a "lucky" break!