Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why Don't You Come on Over

There are exciting things in store for me, I hope. I don't want to say exactly what, but I hope and pray that things work out.

While studying myself in every reflective surface the mall had to offer, I came to the realization that I don't like the front of my hair. I wanted Rihanna, but Hairstylist J gave me Hillary, which is never a good thing. Luckily my hair will have grown out by the time I have to go back to school.

Also, the Eastern Conference Finals have started, y'all. The Pistons are taking on the Boston Celtics in a matchup NBA fans have been waiting for. These two teams had the two best regular-season records, and are now duking it out for a trip to the NBA Finals. I get shivers just thinking about it. The Celtics needed seven games to put away both the Atlanta Hawks in the first round and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the semis, and this series could go seven as well, both teams certainly are talented enough. Piston point guard Chauncey Billups is recovering from a hamstring injury, and his lack of rhythm could have cost the Pistons Game 1, but it's still early. It will be interesting to see how the matchup between Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace will play out. Expect an aggressive, exciting series, folks!

My sister thought it would be funny to pull up Tex's Facebook page, which I'm proud to say I haven't been on in awhile (honest!). Since I was already on there, I perused a picture or two, and actually laughed out loud. He's so...pretty. And I waited for wayward emotions to bubble up, but none did. I'm over him! Well, of photos of him, anyway. I'm past my "I don't even want to look at your stinkin' face" stage. Does anyone else have that phase? It's not even an angry or sad thing, but for whatever reason, I get embarrassed looking at a picture of whoever the guy is. It is so odd.

About a week ago, I was in the car with Mom and Youngest Sister, and it had been raining. Suddenly, as we passed a traffic light, my mom exclaimed, "Look, it's a rainbow!" And there it was. I was puzzled. I mean, who actually sees rainbows, really, in the sky? Sure you see pictures and you know what they are theoretically speaking, but honestly, when's the last time you saw a glowing rainbow peeking through leftover gray rainclouds? I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Music continued to hum through my Ipod as I watched in silent awe. And when I first looked up and saw that stream of colors in the sky, I instantly thought, "Everything is going to be okay." Don't ask me why that thought popped up. I don't tend to question rainbows.

3 comments:

K said...

I want to see the haircut. You take pictures of everyone else, take one of your hair. Rainbows are cool and I always seem to see one after it rains here, which is still kinda not often. The rainbow was a true sign of peace after the storm...yea, don't question it:)

Bobby_2010 said...

Ay gur!! Check out this blog! and this was a great post the rainbow sounds so inspirational and I need some inspiration at this moment..I'm sick of everything!!

http://insertdeepphraseher.blogspot.com/

Lucky said...

it's not really a haircut, per se, he just cut the bangs a little too short, there's pics on my Facebook (of course lol)..that's cool that you see them often, I never do!

don't be sick of everything, Bob, the summer just started!