Friday, May 30, 2008

EXPLETIVE. Lots and lots of EXPLETIVES.

Not a lot of things could get me to curse in a post title. But sadly, the Pistons just lost to the Celtics, being eliminated from the playoffs in six games. At home. I feel like I'm back in the 80s. Now, most of my friends/readers could probably care less about basketball, but y'all have to know by now that I take it very seriously. Ugh. I'm so annoyed right now I don't know what to do with myself. I feel deflated, betrayed. Are you happy, David Stern? You got what you wanted: a Lakers/Celtics NBA Finals. So you and the referees you paid off can just smoke a Cuban and watch those T-Mobile commercials with Dwayne Wade and Charles Barkley in them on your way to the Boston Garden. Hope you have a terrible time.

Seriously. I need some major cheering up right now. Six straight trips to the Eastern Conference Finals and only 1 championship to show for it?? I'm afraid that it will be like last time: we went like 16 years in a horrible slump after taking it all in the 1989 and 1990 seasons! Honest. Detroit had to watch the Bad Boys disintegrate. They had to suffer losing seasons. Not to mention the teal and burgundy horse uniform motif someone mistakenly thought was a good idea a couple years ago.

I won't be able to read the newspaper or check any of my links in the next few days, everything's Pistons themed and at this point I'm too heartbroken to bear it. But that's the beauty of being a true fan--you simply aren't allowed to give up. You always think, "Well, maybe next year." You have to. But for tonight at least, I'm going to sulk and rave about how we blew a 10 point lead and think about trading people and maybe cry a little. Ok, more like shed a glistening tear. Or two. I will not, however, be watching Sportscenter. I am just too fragile.




Even though we lost, we still had a hell of a season. Thanks, Pistons!

No comments: