Monday, May 19, 2008

"I Heard Love is Blind"-Amy W.

I think my interview went ok. The GPS system in my car suddenly went all "Poor Satellite Reception" on me, which could have been a disaster for my directionally-challenged being, but luckily (hence my name), I knew where I was going for once. So onward, ho! Windows down, sunglasses on, Kanye West blasting. At that moment, life was good. Hopefully I get the job, but even if I don't, at least the ride to the interview was fun, right?

Afterwards, I went to the library to peruse the aisles (a pastime of mine), and ending up getting books by Pearl Cleage and Sophie Kinsella. I had like $17 late fees on my card, though. Undeterred, I rifled through my wallet and was like, "Well, I got eight on it." I checked out my books and kept on movin'. Except I guess our little transaction took awhile because the lady behind me kept on sighing exaggeratedly. All it took from me was a quick snap of the head with a side-eye and she shut right up. If I'da made a full turn on her ass, it would have been over. For real. I hate pushy people. I'm impatient, but I'm not rude. But even she couldn't rain on my parade today; I was in a happy mood and had on my good pumps (black patent leather, round-toe slingbacks by Jessica Simpson. Very nice. Motown Lover and Cali Girl helped me pick 'em out).

Fast forward to now. Whoever invented sweatpants should be given a Nobel Peace Prize. I'm about to find something good on TV, check my email, and relax. There's a game on tonight. And since I woke up early, I'm gonna sleep gooooooood tonight. I can't wait. I'll probably even have good dreams, too.

2 comments:

Bobby_2010 said...

You swear you a cold piece!!! LOL, Lucky...what am I gonna do with you??? Now Don't be beatin folks up this summer...we don't want any criminal records now, we are over 18...them shits stick!!

Lucky said...

so, so true..they are one doodle that can't be un-did, LOL