Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dirty Myrtle

I'm sick. About to cough up a lung, with a headache, sick. At lunch I had soup and then Odwalla, which soothed my burning throat, but cold, rainy weather pretty much killed my chances of a speedy recovery.

Went to the Morehouse-Clark Atlanta basketball game. I gotta say, I looked cute today, no shade whatsoever. Even though I had to wear a hat 'til I gets my hair done tomorrow. It was fun, but oh, my God. While I was standing around, talking to Morehouse Brother, guess who tapped me on the shoulder? Yep, the Runner. Are you kidding me? My horoscope did say that I would reunite with someone today and that it would be great. Well, there was a reunion, but it wasn't so great. I didn't know what to say to him. It was weird; do I go back to the way things were, even though I was (am) seriously perturbed that he didn't call over break? Do I let him know that? It's never been so awkward with him. And now I really don't know what to do. Who's court is the ball in? His, right? No?I didn't know how to act around him. He probably really won't call now...

If that weren't enough, I messaged Tex two nights ago. He responded, I replied, and that was it. I know, right?! I fell for that sh*t once again...

At the MT meeting, I ran into the cute guy again, and another one. Yum. Again, even though I was sick, I did look rather cute. And skinny :)

God, right now I need to be held. I'm slightly irritable because of this cold and a little lonely to boot. Even though the Pistons won, thank Jesus. I kind of want to go out this weekend and party again, but I don't want to sweat out my hair, LOL. If some tall muscle-y man could swing by my dorm to put his arms around me, I would greatly appreciate it. But you know what? I should scrap this boy business and focus on that 4.0 GPA. I have things to do with my life that can't afford to take a backseat to a (nonexistent) fling. I should. But I probably will continue to be boy-crazy for a minute.

Roommate is debating on whether or not to call the young (older) man that she met Saturday night. Of course I say hell yeah! But not everyone is slightly reckless when it comes to relationships like I tend to be. However, I really want to go to his SuperBowl party this Sunday so if she would get a move on, it would be best.

"Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves."
- Henri-Frederic Amiel

Yes? Yes. I agree.

No comments: