Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Loose Ends

When things wrap up or end in my life, I like them to be wrapped and tied neatly. I hate loose ends; they can either fascinate me or drive me bonkers. Like those books my mom gave me when I was younger where you could make up your own ending? I hated them with a passion. When I can't find something, I go crazy. Like, at school, I couldn't find my flatiron in the 12x12 space of my dorm room, and it was the most frustrating thing, ever (I still can't find it. That room was like a Black Hole for hair tools). And now, the same thing is happening: at work, there's a soundtrack that we play every day, seemingly. I like the songs on there, there's some Amy Winehouse, Corrinne Bailey Rae, and India Arie, plus the theme song from Grey's Anatomy (weird, right? I'd never heard the song without the show). Here in lies the problem, though; there are two songs I like enough to download, but I can't figure out the artist or title to either one! No one who works there knows, either (actually I don't think they care too much. I try to listen out for the lyrics to Google them, but nothing's coming up! There has never been a song that I liked that I couldn't find, and I will NOT be defeated by these two! But seriously, it's making me batty.

Last night I had a dream about Chris Brown. Of course I don't remember anything important, except for me looking up to see him standing there, looking just like this. Like, this picture, in the deliciously, taut, sweaty flesh. Yum-o. Needless to say, that was a good dream. I don't remember him saying anything. But we know I like them dumb and hot (ha).

I just lost my train of thought.

Oh, now I remember. My resolve was close to being shattered at work today. All these couples and ladies buying bridal lingerie and other sexy stuff kept coming in and fucking with my head. Like, enough so that I almost ducked behind the a panty display to text the Runner. WTF, right? Sometimes I am weak.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I love avoiding people while at work -- but I usually only do it when I know them and don't want to have to have a conversation with them.

The Brooklyn Boy said...

Loose ends blow asshole. Not a fan.

As for the music ish -- yer store/chain likely has stuff they gotta promote, so you can ask corporate to see what's what. (At BN, I just asked the guys in the music dept.) Failing that, keep asking around until you figure out who's playing/picking the music, and that's yer ticket. That led me to purchase albums by KT Tunstall and The Caesars I likely would never have heard otherwise ...

Also, hearing your voice on tape blows; even after years, you just sorta come to terms with sounding weird to yourself. Congrats on the scholarship!

Bobby_2010 said...

DON'T you do it!!! We will fight ma'am...leave tha tboy alone...you know you don't like him like that...and stop kidding yourself, you are so over him! ;)

Lucky said...

Molly: I'm a fan of the "look the other way and appear busy/important/on the phone"-gesture. How mature are we, huh?

BB: That's a really good idea. I've only asked my other co-workers, next time I'll find a manager. I'm sure it's some offbeat artist. That's just how I roll...

Bobby: You are so right. You and Roommate's voices popped into my head saying that exact thing. By proxy, y'all saved me from backsliding. My dignity thanks you.

Bobby_2010 said...

that's what I'm here for...cheers to your dignity!! :)