Saturday, April 19, 2008

If Only You Knew...

Oww. That is the sound of life bitch-slapping me in the face. This week has pretty much been crud.

I can't wait to go home and get away from this place. It might not even be a matter of geography. But at this very moment, I wish I was posting from my house. For example:



I wish I could see this sight. Because that would mean that I'm in my bed, curled up with a book and Precious the dog by my side.

But anyway. Yesterday I had a hell of a time trying to finish my Ren Lit paper.



This is what I look like in the most dire of circumstances. The messy desk with me hunched over my computer means I have a paper or article due soon. The empty juice bottle means that I'm running low on fuel. At the Pistons hat means that a) my hair is a mess, and 2) I need the luck that only this cap can bring. The fact that this picture was taken at all means that I really, really must not have wanted to write that paper.

Sidenote: I need something to make me happy. Books make me happy. Any good, somewhat light titles out there that I could pick up? I'm talking chick-lit here, people, my brain can't handle anything too tough right now.

Oh, yeah, and this is that cheesecake from Monday...



In case you're wondering, this post is mostly pictures because at this very moment, I don't trust my words. I'm not afraid that they won't accurately convey what I want to say. I'm afraid that they will.

No comments: