Friday, June 20, 2008

Are You Shopping Anywhere?

Middle Sister had a nice lil' birthday. She's at her friend's house at her party as we speak. I've never been very social/sociable. Loud, impulsive, or flirty, yes. Had a group of friends or a "circle" or anything like that, or the ability to "work" a room? Not so much, not until I got to college, anyway. I mean, I guess I had a group here or there (BFF did throw me a surprise 16th birthday party), but I mostly keep to myself. This has often been perceived many different ways, including being "standoffish" or "pout," but I've always been the type to float to my corner every now and again and enjoy being there. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being around people, but just as much, even though sometimes I lament it, I really do crave my solitude. It keeps me from going crazy.

I got paid today, but in my head, my check is already gone! My materialistic side has reared its fugly head. But I will get just the essentials this time, and save the rest. Essentials include:

-Blackberry Curve (this may not be possible, it cost more than I thought)
-necklace with anchor charm (I've wanted it for a really long time)
-camel patent-leather heels (for work)
-stuff from VS that's on sale (I have a discount. Come on now)
-nail polish: OPI's St. Petersburgundy or Essie's Peach Daquiri ('cause I'm tragically addicted to nail color)

See? Compared to my original list (which is more like an anthology), that's not too bad. I won't even get a Bubble Tea or pick up the latest Cosmo. I know. It's called restraint.

No comments: