Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Sometimes I Hate Being Human"-Top Chef

At this very moment, I want to be back at school. Things are coming to a boil, I can feel it. I hope it doesn't, but I'm tired of annoying family ish and not being able to do what I want or wear what I want whenever I want to. I have also figured out that all of the things that people have ever said I needed to work on with my personality/being are genetic. It's like looking into a mirror of fugly!

Little Sister is watching "Norbit." God help me.

Newsflash: I work heels and a skirt to the station today! I know, right? Check me out! But I am worn out: "[Sigh]. I need a massage. And a manicure and a pedicure and a facial," (Jessica Simpson, on "Newlyweds"). Girl, I know.

There was a new intern for Website Girl (the mid-20s brunette who works at the station and has her own style website and is a little standoffish, at least towards me) at the station today. At first I thought she was going to be a little curt (like her boss), but she was very nice! And enthusiastic! And told me my job seems fun! Once I realized that she was, indeed, a sweetheart, I took a liking to her immediately. It may or may not have had something to do with her cool outfit and jet-black, awesomely poufy-in-the-front hair ("Thanks! But my hair's so, like, dirty!"). Once her and I started talking, Website Girl actually-gasp!-joined in on the conversation. So Yellow Sweater may have magic powers, too. Miss Manners wasn't in the office today, so I was quite bored today ('twas a sloooow day for all). But praise Kang Jaysus, y'all, that I have nothing to do tomorrow! No job, no internship(s)...oh, wait, I do have to watch Little Cousin. And finish an article. But that's okay. If I didn't have to drag my butt out of bed at an indecent hour and force myself to be productive, I just wouldn't know what to do with myself.

No comments: