Saturday, June 28, 2008

That Went Differently in My Head

I need some new underwear to cheer me up, dammit.

I don't ask for advice too much because it's usually counterproductive. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten some gems of wisdom (get 2 envelopes when you go to the ATM, never leave your drink unattended, etc etc), but unless you ask the absolute right person, you could end up worse off than when you started.

Like when Jennifer Hudson wore that horrendous bolero jacket to the Oscars at the advice of the be-turbaned Andre Leon Talley, for example. And, dear God, that dress had pockets.

But say your sister decides to Facebook message Off Limits Boy who we decided we weren't going to talk to. And, in a moment of weakness combined with "well, let's just see what he has to say," you go with the flow and writes what she says, which is, invariably, not what you would have said left to your own devices. At this point, the conversation is horribly stilted because, in any case, if you were to hardcore flirt, you wouldn't do it in front of your younger sister. More's the pity, because if it ain't serious flirting, you just don't know what to do, not to mention it's been awhile since you flirted via Facebook. I can't even tag this post under "fun conversations," that's how un-fun it was.

Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed with the outcome of this little 2am adventure. I should have put my foot down and said "No, I will not be talking to this young man tonight. End of story." But nooo, I had to give in to curiosity and my sister telling me that how I "deal" with guys is all wrong and of course her way is so much better. Not.

Top Chef had to put me right again. "Just try again tomorrow. And dammit, Lucky, this time, you will NOT do the chasing!" Well, that was the gist of his pep talk, from what I surmised. Haven't I garnered a lot from a short little conversation that wasn't? It's just how my mind works. Well I can't leave things like this, now can I? I'll hit him up in a few days and attempt to do this properly. Man, I'm slightly irritated. I broke my no-boy hiatus for this?

No comments: